Tuesday, December 28, 2010

MIA – You want me XXXO


Mathangi “Maya” Arulpragasam, better known as M.I.A..,  released her third studio album in July 2010 and it’s called /\/\/\Y/\ (Maya, like her name!). This album has a lot of industrial sounds, it has guitars, it has like a rock electronic element inherent in it. Maybe that’s the reason why this year M.I.A. was a source of money for the media since she was constantly ditching female artist Lady Gaga saying that she copied a lot of her previous sounds, but that’s part of the past now, because The Fame Monster was declared today the most selled album of 2010 while /\/\/\Y/\ sales weren’t a huge deal, it seams that the Bionic effect hit M.I.A. because some of the songs that it contains are incredibly good like XXXO, Teqkilla, Steppin Up and others.

Another thing that's important (in my mind i think) is the fact that M.I.A. is always criticizing the industry, and the cover of this album was no exception (youtube bars!).

Until now, M.I.A. has released 6 singles in an attempt of making some publicity for her not-so-big-of-a-seller album but the one that we like the most is XXXO, so here’s the video (tumbs of for the double sense of the chorus).

XXXO – M.I.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment