Friday, December 31, 2010

BEST OF 2010: Rihanna

This 2010 was one hell of a year for 22 year old Barbadian singer Rihanna, and I mean that in a good way, I’m sorry, a GREAT way. At the beginning of the year, she wasn’t doing so well with her Rated R album, even though in my humble opinion she had some amazing tracks on it, but then everything changed. I truly love her record label choices as far as which were her singles, I was in love with Hard, Te Amo and Rude Boy, I will also have liked if they’ve decided to release The Last Song but I guess there would’ve been some controversy with all that Chris Brown thing (but that’s in the past now, right?). But Rihanna is just… Rihanna, and with drama and all she managed to reach some outstanding numbers on her CD sales.


However, even though some of us thought that her year couldn’t get any better, she surprised us once again and released her incredibly-obsessive-major-hit Only Girl In The World as a little taste of what her album Loud would bring us. As always, she didn’t disappoint us. On November of this year, we finally managed to hear all the tracks that Loud contained and we fell in love with it! Actually S&M, What’s My Name and Man Down (among others) are some of the songs on my most plays list. From Loud, so far we know Only Girl In The World and What’s My Name (ft. Drake) are singles, and we really hope that her collaboration with Nicki Minaj Raining Man gets to be an official single!!!


Congratulations to Rihanna and we really hope that 2011 brings her even more money good music!


Here are some of our favorite vids from Rihanna’s year:
Rude Boy - Rihanna


What's My Name - Rihanna

Only Girl In The World (Live EMA 2010) - Rihanna 
P.D. Don't forget to follow us on Facebook and like the posts you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment